Sunday, August 15, 2010

pesto!

Since we're going away for our annual anniversary celebration beginning next weekend, I wanted to harvest all of the basil in case it went to seed while we were gone and I lost it. It's happened before, sadly. So I whipped up six cups of pesto today.

Can you tell how beautiful the green is?


We had some for lunch.


Finally I used the brilliant idea from my Simple Suppers book and filled an ice cube with the remaining pesto. In a day or so I'll pop them out and store them in a freezer bag. That way, we always have individual servings of pesto ready to go. In order to do this, it should be noted, I omit the parmesan from the recipe. I just add cheese when it's time to add them to the dish.


All in all, a busy and successful weekend. We'll be traveling next weekend, so maybe not so much to post. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment